Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Investigating Coding Applications for Linux OS

I came across Greenfoot for Java Programming as bundled software with the Raspbian OS on the Raspberry Pi B+ I have in my office.

The instant results I could create by tinkering with the code for some of the default scenarios was very gratifying and informative... cause and effect right before my eyes. I have to admit, coding on a Raspeberry Pi takes a lot of patience due to how slowly windows load.


I then attempted to install Java SDK and Netbeans on my Linux laptop to start doing Java tutorials in Greenfoot. I am realizing that some installation processes are a bit more complicated on Linux, especially since there are so many distros of Linux currently available for download (I have Linux Mint installed on my Macbook Air). When I ran the Greenfoot install file I got the following error message: "Dependency is not satisfiable: openjdk-8-jdk". So I need to install Java JDK before I can run Greenfoot. I'm eager to get past this initial roadblock.

No comments:

Post a Comment