Saturday, January 30, 2016

Makey Makey Controller with Scratch



I really became engrossed in the platform game remix. Growing up with Donkey Kong as being one of my favorite classic Atari arcade games, I instantly wanted to do my best to transform my remix into a challenging game, with sound effects, added sprite obstacles, if-then commands, etc. I was fairly pleased by the fact that I had a difficult time reaching the bowl of cheese puff snacks.
I've embedded the game below and here is the link to "see inside".



As for adding the Makey Makey controller, I wanted to see how easily I could create an impromptu controller out of whatever metal objects I had in my office. That is one of the more impressive characteristics of the Makey Makey board... it is so amazingly easy to set up a simple circuit. So within 5 minutes or less, I had added the butter knife as the right arrow controller and the Allen wrench as the up arrow. My ring served as a convenient object for clipping the alligator grounding clip onto.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, John from coding class.

    I like your work so far - I haven't got that far on combining Makey Makey and scratch yet - I've been learning all things Pi - http://www.jdedtech.com/blog/

    I may ask you for some help on the interface for M M and Scratch.

    Later, John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to help answer questions about interface with MM and Scratch; just let me know.

    ReplyDelete